The International seminar on Information and Communication Technology was held during 19-21 July 2010 to discuss the new developments, trends and challenges related to ICT statistics.
The seminar was organized by :
- United Nations statistical Division (UNSD).
- International Telecom Union (ITU).
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. (UNCTAD).
- The Statistical Office of the Republic of Korea (Statistics Korea).
It focused on the progress in several areas such as :
- ICT statistics and policy making.
- Measuring the information society , including:
• New developments in mobile and broadband communication technology.
• Measuring household ICT access and individual use .
- Measuring the Information Economy, including:
• Measuring the evolving ICT sector .
• Measuring ICT use by businesses .
- Discussing emerging areas of ICT statistics, such as ICT in education, e-government and online security.
- Discussing regional and international approaches to enhancing ICT data availability.
- Reviewing Korean experiences in this field.